Altered Carbon Season 2 Cast & Character Guide
In Altered Carbon season 2, Anthony Mackie leads a cast that includes Simone Missick and Chris Conner. Here's our complete cast and character guide.
Takeshi Kovacs returns with a brand new face in Altered Carbon season 2, and we have put together an entire solid and character Guide for the second outing of the Netflix series. Picking up thirty years after the occasions of season 1 and happening on Takeshi’s residence planet of Harlan’s World, Altered Carbon season 2 is filled with new characters – in addition to some old characters with new faces.
Tailored for TV by Laeta Kalogridis from the novels by Richard Okay. Morgan, Altered Carbon is ready in a future the place humans have used technology to defeat death itself. When they’re one year old, all humans have a disk referred to as a “stack” put in into the highest of their spines, the place their thoughts and reseriess are saved. If an individual is killed, their stack can merely be eliminated and put into a brand new body, or “sleeve.” The present’s protagonist, Takeshi Kovacs (performed by Joel Kinnaman in season 1, and Anthony Mackie in season 2) was as soon as a part of a resistance group who believed that immortality has a corrupting impact on humanity, and wished to revive the pure balance of life and death.
In Altered Carbon season 2, Takeshi is looking for his former lover and the founder of of the resistance, Quellcrist Falconer (Renée Elise Goldsberry), who has in some way returned after being presumed useless for nearly 300 years. Alongside the best way he makes some new mates – and enemies as properly. Here is our Guide to the solid and characters of Altered Carbon season 2.
Anthony Mackie As Takeshi Kovacs
On the finish of Altered Carbon season 1, Takeshi was rewarded by having his legal report cleared and being given sufficient cash to start out a brand new life for himself. However, he also realized that Quell’s stack had survived and was still on the market in the universe someplace. After returning his borrowed body he has gone by way of a series of various seems, however finally ends up wearing an elite fight sleeve with some very cool tips, including enhanced reflexes and speedy therapeutic. Mackie is finest known for taking part in Sam Wilson a.okay.a. Falcon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Renée Elise Goldsberry As Quellcrist Falconer
Quell was the unique inventor of stacks, using recovered alien technology to reward humans with doubtlessly eternal life. She got here to remorse what she had wrought and led a resistance towards the newly-established order. Quell was believed to have been killed in an assault on Stronghold, the resistance base on the colony planet of Harlan’s World… however it seems like she’s again. Goldsberry recently starred in the critically-acclaimed drama Waves.
Simone Missick As Trepp
A bounty hunter who wears a synth body and has some very helpful cybernetic implants in her head referred to as coils. Trepp is employed to trace down Takeshi Kovacs for a job, however finally ends up turning into reluctantly entwined in his seek for Quell. Regardless of her robust exterior, Trepp has robust attachments to her family members and values their lives above any paycheck. Missick is finest known for taking part in Misty Knight in the Marvel series Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Defenders.
Chris Conner As Poe
Poe is an AI based on the looks and character of Edgar Allan Poe, who ran a themed resort referred to as The Raven Resort in Bay Metropolis. He got here near being killed on the finish of season 1, and in season 2 suffers from extreme glitches that trigger reminiscence loss. Takeshi has been carrying round Poe’s emitter with him for thirty years, with Poe aiding in the seek for Quell. Conner is finest known for taking part in journalist Jeffrey Toobin in The Individuals v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story.
Torben Liebrecht As Colonel Ivan Carrera
The chief of an elite preventing pressure referred to as The Wedge, Colonel Carrera is on Harlan’s World to help in a warfare between the government and a gaggle of Quellists. His motivations are at odds with these of the planet’s chief, Danica Harlan, who desires to safeguard the dear sources of Harlan’s World from the Protectorate. Carrera shares a big historicalal past with Takeshi, and is decided to hunt him down. Liebrecht starred alongside Ben Kingsley and Oscar Isaac in the 2018 historical drama Operation Finale.
Altered Carbon Season 2 Supporting Cast
- Will Yun Lee as Takeshi Kovacs Prime – The original body of Takeshi Kovacs.
- Lela Loren as Danica Harlan – The current leader of Harlan’s World.
- Dina Shihabi as Dig 301 – An archeologue AI who volunteers to help Poe.
- James Saito As Tanaseda Hideki – One of the founders of Harlan’s World, and an old acquaintance of Takeshi’s.
- Oliver Rice as Stone – Danica Harlan’s right-hand man.
- Sharon Taylor as Myka – Trepp’s wife, an archeologue-turned-bartender.
- Orlando Lucas as TJ – Trepp’s son, who has been resleeved after his original body was killed.
- Michael Shanks as Horace Axley – One of the founders of Harlan’s World, who recruits Takeshi for a protection job.
- Sen Mitsuji as Tanaseda Yukito – Tanaseda Hideki’s great-grandson.
- Alessandro Juliani as Jack Soul Brasil – The founder of the Renouncers and the creator of the AI world they inhabit.
- Matt Ellis as Joshua Kemp – The leader of the Uprising on Harlan’s World.
- David Cubitt as Dugan – One of the founders of Harlan’s World.
- Neal McDonough as Konrad Harlan – Danica’s father and one of the founders of Harlan’s World.
- Jihae as Lounge Singer Kovacs – The sleeve that Takeshi is inhabiting when Trepp finds him on Maghda Prime.
- Hayley Law as Lizzie Elliot – A traumatized young woman whom Poe helped on her path to recovery.
- Daniel Bernhardt as Jaeger – The CTAC officer who recruited Takeshi, and later arrested him.
- Dichen Lichman as Reileen Kawahara – Takeshi’s sister, whom he killed in season 1.
- Martha Higareda as Kristin Ortega – An officer in the Bay City Police Department. Takeshi was inhabiting the body of her lover, Elias Ryker, in season 1.
- Ato Essandoh as Vernon Elliot – Lizzie’s father and a former ally of Takeshi’s.